Cyrus admin access to user mailboxes

Julian Pilfold-Bagwell jools at oss4all.plus.com
Fri Sep 14 07:37:46 EDT 2007

Andreas Winkelmann wrote:
> On Friday 14 September 2007 10:39, jools at oss4all.plus.com wrote:
>

>> Just a quick question regarding accessing mailboxes via admin accounts. I
>> have Cyrus configured with 4 admins named in the imapd.conf file but I
>> can't find how to access users accounts which we have to do under certain
>> circumstances. On exchange you'd log in with domain/user/mailboxowner to
>> gain access. What's the best method of doing with Cyrus?
>>

> Please explain what you mean with "access user accounts".

Hiya,

Basically we're a school and there are certain circumstances, e.g. cases
of bullying etc. were we may need to access someone's email account to
check for evidence. In the old exchange setup you could login using the
credentials above, and you'd be presented with the contents of their
mailbox but I can't find anyway of doing that on Cyrus.

Thanks,

Jools