Murder Replication Questions

Andrew Heagle andrew at logaan.com
Thu Sep 13 10:44:45 EDT 2007

Hello,

I've read the documentation on the Cyrus wiki regarding Murder, and we are
trying to decide if it is the solution we are looking for, but I have a
few questions.

We have 3 offices and multiple data centres. Each office is located in a
different country. One data centre is where we will be hosting our gateway
MTAs. Using Cyrus Murder with replication, is it possible to run a master,
a frontend and a backend in the data centre with the MTA and run a cyrus
frontend and a cyrus backend in each office over a WAN? Would this allow
us to have users use their local IMAP store, but if for some reason it was
unavailable, they can use one of the other locations instead?

2 of the offices have very poor internet connections and would be unable
to upgrade due to their location.

Our other option is using DBMail with postgresql and having replication to
the other locations, but I don't like this as there is no master-to-master
replication available for postgres.

Thanks,
Andrew