Cyrus 2.3.8 thanks for help

Vincent Fox vbfox at ucdavis.edu
Wed Sep 12 19:57:48 EDT 2007

We had several other universities called and offered assistance.

Thanks!

We also had several people call with offers to help with consulting
on it, but mostly not at the same level of Cyrus hardware/software/config
we are running.  We appreciate the effort though, we really do.  Lots of
folks seem to run mail-stores in the 5K-10K user range, not too many
trying to stuff 30K users onto one that we have talked to so far.

We are still struggling with some slowness on the system and trying to
refine our setup.   Probably we are trying to do too much at once.

Our setup:
Cyrus 2.3.8 + FastMail patches
Sun T2000, 16 gigs RAM, Solaris 10u3
2 3510FC arrays using Sun MultiPath
ZFS mirrored pools across the 2 arrays (expensive but safe)
ZFS snapshots for 14 days

We have cut down LMTP maxchilds to 200 then 150 seems to
be helping with locking issues.  I think we also have other issues
such as doing sendmail on the mail-stores instead of LMTP, and
we realize now we compiled SASL with /dev/random.  Ken replied
that we should turn up logging to DEBUG haven't found where to
do to that just yet hopefully tomorrow.

Hope this follow-up helps other list-readers.