Cyrus lagging accepting IMAP connections

Scott M. Likens damm at yazzy.org
Tue Sep 11 18:41:40 EDT 2007

1. Not likely, but not impossible... To Quote a source

The /dev/random device hands out "high-quality" random bits, up to the
limit of the "random" information it has been seeded with. The
/dev/urandom device does not have this limitation. It continues to hand
out bits of decreasing quality as long as it is polled.

2. mknod /dev/random c 1 8 (you may need to chmod it to ensure it can be
read of course)

3. You can use aptitude to get the SASL source, then using the Debian
Modified/patched Sources, you can run configure and then install it into
a temporary directory and then create a .deb out of that, however you
will want to freeze that afterwards so you don't download an updated
version that sets you back.

Alternatively, you can report the bug to the debian people, and have
them re-compile it to use /dev/urandom instead of /dev/random and save
you the effort.  However that may take a few days.

If you wish to make your own package, you can read this
http://linuxdevices.com/articles/AT8047723203.html

Additionally Google will be your friend on how to build Debian Packages,
as I haven't done so in quite some time thankfully.

Scott