Cyrus replication problems

Tue Sep 11 13:33:02 EDT 2007

Hello all,

I have 2 servers and try to make replication between them.

I have FreeBSD 6.2 and Cyrus IMAPd 2.3.9 compiled from sources.

Configuration of master server.

imapd.conf :
sync_machineid: 1
sync_host: xx.xx.xx.xx
sync_authname: xxxxx
sync_password: xxxxx
sync_log: 1

cyrus.conf:

START {
  syncclient    cmd="/usr/local/cyrus/bin/sync_client -r"
}

UUIDs for messages are enabled.

Configuration of replica server.

cyrus.conf:

SERVICES {
  syncserver    cmd="/usr/local/cyrus/bin/sync_server" listen="csync"
}

Replication work, but I have some problems:

1. I can not start master server if replica server is not started. I
have messages like
18:12:50 [b3] sync_client[54464]: connect(xx.xx.xx.xx) failed: Operation
timed out
in master server log file.

2. If I restarted replica server, then I have problems with replication.
Right after replica stopped I have
18:34:05 [b3] sync_client[76096]: Error in do_sync(): bailing out!
message in master server log file and I can not see sync_client process
on master server.

3. After replica server is started again replication do not start
(because no sync_client process) and I should restart master server.

4. I can see files like log-xxxx in sync folder and commands in these
files are not executed. sync_client do not process these files after
replication started.

Replication do not work correctly? Or what is wrong?!

--
Best regards,
Sergey N. Romanov