Moving a mailbox out of the spool, and resetting it?

George Cooke geocoo at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 15:41:11 EDT 2007

Thanks alot Michael, I have backed up that users spool mailbox directory,
then removed all mail files in that spool directory, leaving the cyrus*
files, then ran

# reconstruct -r user

which outputted the users root mailbox path and its default trash inbox and
sent paths
Then I did the quota command to fix the quota
# quota -f
Which strangley doesn't seem to  reset the quota, it still prints theat user
having 1755656kbytes which is the hard limit of 2GB they got to.. hence why
I'm doing this.

The IMAP mailbox looks good and empty so I guess reconstruct worked fine,
but cyrus IMAP still thinks that user is over quota becuase it can't send
mail.

Could you possibly see what I did wrong or how I can reset the quota?

Any ideas?

PS. I actually did another test while not leaving the cyrus* files in there,
in case they stored any storage information, but the same problem occurs
with the quota not being reset and staying at 2GB.

Thanks for your help!