Syntax for reconstruct with virtual domains?

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 13:33:41 EDT 2007

I thing what you want is -m :-)
Here are some nots you could adapt to your own problem :

== reconstruct mailbox from scratch ==

It looks like cyrreconstruct work only with mailboxes already in
mailbox.db[[BR]]
Then I need to create these mailbox from file system tree.[[BR]]
First, try to identify all mailbox from the file system.
{{{
$ find /kolab/var/imapd/spool/domain/ -mindepth 5 -maxdepth 5 -type d
user/donald.duck at teta.loc
user/john.smith at teta.loc
user/toto at gamma.loc
user/alain.spineux at gamma.loc
}}}
use this output to create the mailboxes
{{{
$ find /kolab/var/imapd/spool/domain/ -mindepth 5 -maxdepth 5 -type d
| sed -e "s/\^/./g" | awk  -F / '{ print "cm "$10"/"$11"@"$8  }' |
cyradm -u manager --password vishnou localhost
}}}
Now reconstruct all these mailboxes
{{{
$ find /kolab/var/imapd/spool/domain/ -mindepth 5 -maxdepth 5 -type d
| sed -e "s/\^/./g" | awk  -F / '{ print "cyrreconstruct -rf
"$10"/"$11"@"$8  }' | sh
}}}
Done

On 9/6/07, Nels Lindquist <nlindq at maei.ca> wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> I'm trying to figure out the syntax for recovering a single mailbox in a
> virtual domain using reconstruct with Cyrus 2.3.8
>
> Ultimately, I'd like to move an entire mail spool from one server
> without virtual domains into a virtual domain on a new server, but I
> thought I should start small.
>
> reconstruct -rf user.example at example.com doesn't work unless the mailbox
> already exists, by which I mean that no output is produced and
> connecting with cyradm shows that the directory structure hasn't been
> integrated into the mailbox list.
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Nels Lindquist