Moving a mailbox out of the spool, and resetting it?

George Cooke geocoo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 07:24:01 EDT 2007

Is it possible to archive a whole mailbox and then empty it (on a filesystem
level), and get cyrus to realise the physical changes (ie recognise there is
no mail in the mailbox, and reset the quota etc), I can't find a way of
doing this, after moving mail from the mailbox and running quota -f, it
doesn't realise there is no mail in the mailbox and still thinks there is
2GB of mail in there (hard limit quota).

I guess this is where I need to know the architecture of cyrus's mailboxes.

i don't mind using cyrus-admin or command line to do this, just would rather
not use IMAP to do it.

Any pointers to relevant docs would be great if you can't provide direct
instructions.

Thanks alot, hope to speak to some of you soon.