64-bit alignment problems.

Andy Fiddaman cyrus at fiddaman.net
Wed Sep 5 11:10:00 EDT 2007

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Andy Fiddaman wrote:
; I'm finally getting around to upgrading my 2.3.7 system to 2.3.9. When I
; put in 2.3.7 I had to patch a few things to make it work properly on
; 64-bit SPARC, mainly unaligned dereferences causing BUS faults due to
; the SPARC MMU.

Sorry to follow up my own post but I've finished testing cyrus 2.3.9 on
64-bit Solaris SPARC and I now have a stable server as far as I can tell
(we have a fairly intensive test suite...)

In stock 2.3.9 there are quite a few 64-bit alignment problems which cause
BUS errors and a problem with the Perl module XS that causes the imclient
structure to be double freed and therefore crashes Perl most of the time.

I've put patches for these up at http://www.fiddaman.net/cyrus/ please
feel free to use them (or something like them) as you wish. It would be
good to have these fixes rolled into the main Cyrus release.

Thanks,

Andy