storing mail across several cyrus partitions

Vincent Fox vbfox at ucdavis.edu
Tue Sep 4 12:53:53 EDT 2007

>> May somebody recommend reliable/safe filesystem that support resizing?
>> I'm afraid to use anything except ext3 in production enviroment...

We use Solaris and I have to say ZFS is quite amazing.  Never have to
run fsck ever again!

The checksum feature ensures that when you read the data back, it's what
was written out.
If you have mirroring like we do, it can then get the data from the
other side.  Once a month
I run a zpool scrub on the 1.1 TB mail-pool just to be sure, it runs
overnight while the system
is live, there is no need for downtime.

This is a compelling reason for us to stay with Solaris on the
mail-store systems.