Replication: sync_client -r dies

Wesley Craig wes at umich.edu
Wed Oct 31 23:18:03 EDT 2007

On 31 Oct 2007, at 22:42, Rich Wales wrote:
> Can you (or anyone else) suggest anything I can do in the meantime
> (while I'm still running 2.3.9) to ensure that a sync_client stays
> running on my master server, or to start a new one as needed if it
> dies?

It usually dies for a reason, i.e., some discrepancy that either
sync_client or sync_server couldn't handle.  The typical way to
handle it is to contact someone.  It's reasonably safe to
automatically start it back up, but you'll be left with a missed sync
log as well.  Whatever problem that caused sync_client to exit will
need to be corrected and the missed sync log will need to be run.

:wes