Replication: sync_client -r dies

Rich Wales richw at richw.org
Wed Oct 31 17:10:42 EDT 2007

I'm running 2.3.9 on a FreeBSD 6.2 system.

Recently, I installed 2.3.9 on an Ubuntu 7.10 system and set it up as
a replica of my original server.

Everything seems to be running well, except that the "sync_client -r"
processes on the master tend to die after a while -- at which point no
more sync activity happens, ever, until I restart Cyrus on the master.

Here are the sync-related lines in my configuration files.

On the master:

    cyrus.conf:
        syncclient cmd="/usr/local/cyrus/bin/sync_client -r"

    imapd.conf:
        sync_host: flipflop.richw.org
        sync_authname: admin
        sync_password: ********
        sync_machineid: 1
        sync_log: true
        sync_repeat_interval: 15

On the replica:

    cyrus.conf:
        syncserver cmd="/usr/cyrus/bin/sync_server" listen="csync"

    imapd.conf:
        sync_machineid: 1

Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong, and/or what I can do
to make sure a sync_client stays running on my master server?

--
Rich Wales      ===      Palo Alto, CA, USA      ===     richw at richw.org
http://www.richw.org   ===   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Richwales