ctl_mboxlist -v not quite doing the right thing

Ian G Batten ian.batten at uk.fujitsu.com
Wed Oct 31 11:29:45 EDT 2007

On 31 Oct 07, at 1527, Ken Murchison wrote:

> Ian G Batten wrote:
>> user.markr has, through a sequence of events, ended up with data
>> on  both partition8 (/var/imap/partition-8) and default (/var/
>> imap/ partition-1).   All his mailboxes have been consolidated
>> into  default, but there are still copies in partition-8.
>> So I think ctl_mboxlist -v should report that partition-8 is
>> there  but has no DB entry.
>> But it says:
>> 'user.markr' has a directory on partition 'default' but no DB entry
>> Which is bogus, because:
>> mailhost-new# ctl_mboxlist -d | grep user.markr
>> user.markr      0 default       markr   lrswipcda       mailadm lrs
>
> Have you done any debugging or tracing to see why it gets reported
> improperly?

Just starting in on it now.  I've cleaned up all the obvious
inconsistencies (my main job today) but the output is still a bit
unclear.  I suspect that it's getting confused if the contents of the
meta-partitions and the contents of the partitions are differently
inconsistent.  ctl_mboxlist -v doesn't indicate in its output if the
un-referenced directory is meta-data or data.

ian