Cyrus murder and unknown mailboxes

Vladimir Nikolic vladimir.nikolic at amis.net
Sat Oct 27 09:16:30 EDT 2007

Hi,

with standalone cyrus imap server lmtp connections for unknown users
were bounced with following error:

status=bounced (host xxx said: 550-Mailbox unknown.  Either there is no
mailbox associated with this 550-name or you do not have authorization
to see it. 550 5.1.1 User unknown (in reply to RCPT TO command))

Now we have cyrus murder configuration and those mails are not bounced
by frontend server, instead they are queued on postfix server with
following error:

relay=xxx:24, delay=259650, delays=259650/0.05/0.02/0, dsn=4.4.2,
status=deferred (lost connection with xxx while sending MAIL FROM)

On frontend server log there is a record about this connection:

xxx lmtp[23162]: login: xxx cyrus_user DIGEST-MD5 User logged in
xxx master[21353]: service lmtp pid 23162 in BUSY state: terminated
abnormally

We would like to see that those mails are rejected by frontend like they
have been rejected by standalone cyrus imap server.

Regards,
Vladimir