replication - correct way to transfer a mailbox?

Rudy Gevaert Rudy.Gevaert at UGent.be
Fri Oct 26 07:42:16 EDT 2007

Edward Prendergast wrote:
> Thanks for your response Rudy.
>
> Is this bug merely causing a cosmetic error or will this stop my transfers
> from working?

Not really.  The only drawback is that created mailboxes on the master
won't be on the replica.  As soon as it receives email it will be added
on the replica.

You could get around it by forcing a sync of the mailbox manually after
you create the user on the master.

> At present the system appears to be functioning normally, except for the
> fact that deleted & purged messages whilst not displaying in the client
> still appear in the user's mailbox on the filesystem, but I think this may
> be a feature of normal behaviour.

 >> If not, what is the correct command to transfer the mailbox? I know
 >> I’ll need to use sync_client with the –m switch, but how is the
 >> specific user’s mailbox specified?

To know what mailbox.  The easiest way is doing a ctl_mboxlist -d to a
file and look in it to see how you need to name the mailbox.  In my case
it's like ugent.be!user.rudy^ugent.be

Rudy

Rudy Gevaert          Rudy.Gevaert at UGent.be          tel:+32 9 264 4734
Directie ICT, afd. Infrastructuur ICT Department, Infrastructure office
Groep Systemen                    Systems group
Universiteit Gent                 Ghent University
Krijgslaan 281, gebouw S9, 9000 Gent, Belgie               www.UGent.be