replication - correct way to transfer a mailbox?

Edward Prendergast edward.prendergast at netring.co.uk
Fri Oct 26 04:20:35 EDT 2007

Hi,

Managed to solve the previous problem of errors like this:

USER received NO response

by changing the slave's imapd.conf thusly:

virtdomains: yes

virtdomains: userid

So I can now transfer users as follows:

/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/sync_client -v -l -u info at client.office

Which produces the following output:

Oct 26 11:33:03 chrisnux sync_client[14777]: USER info at client.office

Oct 26 11:33:03 chrisnux sync_client[14777]: USER received NO response:
IMAP_MAILBOX_NONEXISTENT Failed to access inbox for info at client.office:
Mailbox does not exist

Oct 26 11:33:03 chrisnux sync_client[14777]: ADDSUB info at client.office INBOX

Is this error merely cosmetic? It appears that cyrus creates the account,
detects there is no mailbox then copies the mailbox across. Am I
understanding this correctly?

If not, what is the correct command to transfer the mailbox? I know I'll
need to use sync_client with the -m switch, but how is the specific user's
mailbox specified?

Thanks,

Edward

is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any action taken or
omitted to be taken in reliance on it, any form of reproduction,
dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or
publication of this E-mail message is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this E-mail message in error, please notify
us immediately. Please also destroy and delete the message from your
computer.