Cyrus IMAPd 2.3.10 Released

John Capo jc at irbs.com
Thu Oct 25 21:10:35 EDT 2007

Quoting Ken Murchison (murch at andrew.cmu.edu):
> Simon Matter wrote:
> >> On the Linux box, all fresh compilations aside from the sasl 2.1.15
> >> binaries:
> >
> > I once posted to the list that 2.3.9 needs at least cyrus-sasl-2.1.19. As
> > a package maintainer I know that :)
>
> Did you ever figure out why?  I'm not surprised that code in Cyrus
> somehow depends on a change in SASL, but I can't seem to find anything
> in the CVS logs or diffs that would be the cause.

This is what I had to do for cmd_login to work in 2.3.9.

    /* authstate already created by mysasl_proxy_policy() */
    /* Not when using login and allowplaintext.  imapd_authstate is NULL        TM Login fix
    */
    if (imapd_authstate == NULL)
        imapd_authstate = auth_newstate(imapd_userid);

But 2.3.10 cores :-(