Cyrus IMAPd 2.3.10 Released

Ian G Batten ian.batten at uk.fujitsu.com
Thu Oct 25 09:43:22 EDT 2007

On the Linux box, all fresh compilations aside from the sasl 2.1.15
binaries:

imapd 2.3.7 + sasl 2.1.15: works
imapd 2.3.7 + sasl 2.1.22: works
imapd 2.3.9 + sasl 2.1.15: not tried
imapd 2.3.9 + sasl 2.1.22: works
imapd 2.3.10 + sasl 2.1.15: fails (cannot examine mailboxes, then
coredumps prior to calling accept for second connection)
imapd 2.3.10 + sasl 2.1.22: fails (SIGSEGV immediately after
authentication)

I've compiled 2.3.10 both -O2 and with optimisation turned off, to no
effect.

This is God's way of telling me to move onto a newer OS platform, I
think.  I'll stick at 2.3.9 + 2.1.22, since it appears to work and
it's obviously a better proposition that the 2.3.7+2.1.15 I was
running previously.  It seems clear the problem has come in with
2.3.10, and as the platform is horrid I'll stop investigating further.

In the mean time, is there any way I can run replication from a
master running 2.3.9 into a replica running 2.3.10?  Or should I back
the replica out to 2.3.9 as well?

ian