Login disabled. URGENT!!!

Nikos Gatsis ngatsis at qbit.gr
Thu Oct 25 05:49:59 EDT 2007

Hello Torsten!
Thank you for your answer!

I add the following lines in imapd.conf and worked!

allowanonymouslogin: no
allowplaintext: yes

The mystery is that these cyrus server was working for over a month
without problem.
After updating some rpms including cyrus imapd appear this  problem!

Thank you again

Torsten Schlabach wrote:
> Dear Nikos!
>
> Some details about your setup would be helpful. against what do you authenticate your users? /etc/passwd, LDAP, ...
>
> Did you make sure you got some SASL mechs in /usr/lib/sasl2? This is a common pitfall in Debian Linux. Installing lib-sasl2 does not mean that you installed any mechanisms. Grep your logfiles for something like "no worthy mechs found". That would be an indicator.
>
> Regards,
> Torsten
>

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>
>> Datum: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 11:57:41 +0300
>> Von: Nikos Gatsis <ngatsis at qbit.gr>
>> An: info-cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
>> Betreff: Login disabled. URGENT!!!
>>

>> Hello list!
>> After fedora update cyrus users and also root cannot login to cyrus.
>> I recieve the message:
>>
>> Login disabled.
>> cyradm: cannot authenticate to server with  as root
>>
>> can somebody help me?
>>
>> the last version is cyrus-imapd-2.3.9-7.fc7
>>
>> Thank you

*Γατσής Νίκος - Gatsis Nikos*
Web developer
tel.: 2108256721 - 2108256722