Date problem after migration

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 22:28:32 EDT 2007

On 10/17/07, Guillaume Postaire <gpostaire at karavel.com> wrote:

>  Alain Spineux wrote:
>  On 10/11/07, Guillaume Postaire <gpostaire at karavel.com> wrote:
>

>  Karl Boyken wrote:
>
> On Tue, 9 Oct 2007, Guillaume Postaire wrote:
>

> Hi all,
>
>  We just have done a migration from a very old Cyrus stand alone
>  installation to a new one with murder.
>
>  During the migration everything went ok and no user complaint, so we
>  destroy our old mailbox.
>
>  Shortly after that one of our user notice a huge problem with outlook
>  that we don't reproduce with thunderbird (put here whatever imap
>  compliant client). All the mail older than the migration have the date
>  of the migration in outlook. It seems that outlook don't use the header
>  date (wich are ok in the plain text storage) but another information
>  that come from cyrus.
>
>  We try to analyse what happen and discover we forget to use "
>  --syncinternaldates" with imapsync. We simulate some migration and this
>  problem don't exist if we had this.
>
>  How could we correct the date stored in cyrus ?
>
>  Here is the command we use for migration
>  imapsync --ssl1 --ssl2 --host1 #HOST1# --host2 #HOST2# \
>  --authuser1 cyrus --password1 #PASSWORD1# --authuser2 cyrus \
>  --password2 #PASSWORD2# --authmech1 PLAIN --authmech2 PLAIN \
>  --subscribe --user1 #USER# --user2 #USER# \
>  --delete2 --expunge --expunge2
>
>  We ran into the same problem, and we cobbled together the attached script
> to fix it. Enjoy!
>
>  Karl

>  Karl,
>  The script is ok aka it run well after some change around TZ.
>  But, the problem is still there in outlook. I try to reconstruct after the
> change with (rfx) the user mailbox, but i still have the same problem.
>
>  Do you think i should delete and recreate the account in outlook so that he
> could take the new date ?
>
>  This is the first thing I should try !
> Usually Outlook keep cache of (at least) of the email's headers .
>

>  Nothing change. I try to delete the account and recreate it, nothing
> change. Still the bad date.

Maybe, outlook reused its old cache ?
Can you try to define an imap account on a computer that never saw
this account before ?

If it fail again can you identify the origin of the wrong date ?
The date is coming from data inside the email ?
Or from meta data from the file containing the email ?
When identified, we could imagine a new cure!

>  Cordialement
>
> --
> Guillaume Postaire - KARAVEL - Responsable infrastructure
> gpostaire at karavel.com - Tel : 01 70 36 48 86
> http://www.promovacances.com - http://www.karavel.com
> https://www.linkedin.com/in/gpostaire
>

> ----
> List Archives/Info:
>

>  Cordialement
>
> --
> Guillaume Postaire - KARAVEL - Responsable infrastructure
> gpostaire at karavel.com - Tel : 01 70 36 48 86
> http://www.promovacances.com - http://www.karavel.com
> https://www.linkedin.com/in/gpostaire

--