running cyradm commands from a script

Jessi Berkelhammer jberkelhammer at desc.org
Mon Oct 15 14:08:50 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm still unclear about this. According to the perldocs, it is
recommended *not* to:
  use Cyrus::IMAP::Admin::Shell;

Does anybody know why is this not recommended?

Ideally, I could use shell scripts to create a file with the cyradm
commands, and run those. Is there a way to do this so it doesn't require
the password to be entered interactively?

Thanks again,
Jessi