Date problem after migration

Guillaume Postaire gpostaire at karavel.com
Thu Oct 11 12:23:56 EDT 2007

Karl Boyken wrote:
>> On Tue, 9 Oct 2007, Guillaume Postaire wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> We just have done a migration from a very old Cyrus stand alone
>>> installation to a new one with murder.
>>>
>>> During the migration everything went ok and no user complaint, so we
>>> destroy our old mailbox.
>>>
>>> Shortly after that one of our user notice a huge problem with outlook
>>> that we don't reproduce with thunderbird (put here whatever imap
>>> compliant client). All the mail older than the migration have the date
>>> of the migration in outlook. It seems that outlook don't use the header
>>> date (wich are ok in the plain text storage) but another information
>>> that come from cyrus.
>>>
>>> We try to analyse what happen and discover we forget to use "
>>> --syncinternaldates" with imapsync. We simulate some migration and this
>>> problem don't exist if we had this.
>>>
>>> How could we correct the date stored in cyrus ?
>>>
>>> Here is the command we use for migration
>>> imapsync --ssl1 --ssl2 --host1 #HOST1# --host2 #HOST2# \
>>> --authuser1 cyrus --password1 #PASSWORD1# --authuser2 cyrus \
>>> --password2 #PASSWORD2# --authmech1 PLAIN --authmech2 PLAIN \
>>> --subscribe --user1 #USER# --user2 #USER# \
>>> --delete2 --expunge --expunge2
>
> We ran into the same problem, and we cobbled together the attached
> script to fix it.  Enjoy!
>
> Karl

Karl,
The script is ok aka it run well after some change around TZ.
But, the problem is still there in outlook. I try to reconstruct after
the change with (rfx) the user mailbox, but i still have the same problem.

Do you think i should delete and recreate the account in outlook so that
he could take the new date ?

Cordialement

--
Guillaume Postaire - KARAVEL - Responsable infrastructure
gpostaire at karavel.com - Tel : 01 70 36 48 86