Brackets in foldernames

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Thu Oct 11 12:18:29 EDT 2007

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007, Eric Luyten wrote:

>> we are in the process of migration from UW-IMAPD to Cyrus. Some of our users
>> have foldernames with brackets. Is there a way to enable the use of
>> brackets in foldernames in Cyrus?
>
> Michael,
>

> We migrated from UW-IMAPD to Cyrus (2.2.13) about a year ago
> and I had to change the 'GOODCHARS' macro in imap/mboxname.c
>
> We added   ()'*?;[]%<>

Wouldn't that present problems for IMAP commands that use the '*' and '%'
wildcard characters?  Or is there some intelligent escaping of "bad"
characters in mailbox names used by the IMAP protocol?

When we converted from UW-IMAPD to Cyrus, the script we used turned
"non-word" characters into underscores using the following regular
expression:

   $folder =~ s/[^\w\/-]/_/g;

 	Andy