Date problem after migration

Scott M. Likens damm at yazzy.org
Tue Oct 9 15:58:49 EDT 2007

I'll put in my 10cents as it's not really on topic for this mailing list.

When converting from a qmail+courier IMAP solution to Zimbra *ugh* I had
a similar problem in this case Zimbra had a solution.

imapsync --ssl1 --ssl2 --host1 #HOST1# --host2 #HOST2# \
--authuser1 cyrus --password1 #PASSWORD1# --authuser2 cyrus \
--password2 #PASSWORD2# --authmech1 PLAIN --authmech2 PLAIN \
--subscribe --user1 #USER# --user2 #USER# \
--delete2 --expunge --expunge2 --syncinternaldates

Adding --syncinternaldates

Additionally I found using --user2 %USER%\tb

They added it to fix Thunderbird actually, but tied in with
syncinternaldates and the other portion the only annoyance was loosing
the unique identifier scheme (we had alot of pop3 users and there is no
central scheme for UIDL what so ever so the same message can be
re-downloaded 8000x)

Another thing if you're moving from a broken setup to a working setup
you may want to look at,

--useheader   <string> : Use this header to compare messages on both sides.
                         Ex: Message-ID or Subject or Date.

good old fashion regexp.

Off hand it's not very useful, but using --syncinternaldates is always
good to use I found.

Scott