murder mupdate failures

Chad Ziccardi cz at digitalfreaks.org
Tue Oct 9 11:03:19 EDT 2007

I'm trying to setup a murder with 3 machines for testing.

(mupdated, fe, and be all separate machines)

The mupdate master works fine, the backend can do the initial dump/import to
the master (and mupdatetest works on the backend and frontend)

The front end however doesn't seem to be able to auth to the master, and I
don't see any information other than the follow log messages.

mupdate[18000]: [ID 527876 local6.error] couldn't authenticate to backend server: generic failure
mupdate[18000]: [ID 917420 local6.error] couldn't connect to mupdate server
mupdate[18000]: [ID 215025 local6.error] retrying connection to mupdate server
in 28 seconds

I searched the archives I saw similar issues, recently in Aug, but no

Thanks,
Chad

--
Chad Ziccardi