Date problem after migration

Guillaume Postaire gpostaire at karavel.com
Tue Oct 9 08:23:32 EDT 2007

Hi all,

We just have done a migration from a very old Cyrus stand alone
installation to a new one with murder.

During the migration everything went ok and no user complaint, so we
destroy our old mailbox.

Shortly after that one of our user notice a huge problem with outlook
that we don't reproduce with thunderbird (put here whatever imap
compliant client). All the mail older than the migration have the date
of the migration in outlook. It seems that outlook don't use the header
date (wich are ok in the plain text storage) but another information
that come from cyrus.

We try to analyse what happen and discover we forget to use "
--syncinternaldates" with imapsync. We simulate some migration and this
problem don't exist if we had this.

How could we correct the date stored in cyrus ?

Here is the command we use for migration
imapsync --ssl1 --ssl2 --host1 #HOST1# --host2 #HOST2# \
--authuser1 cyrus --password1 #PASSWORD1# --authuser2 cyrus \
--password2 #PASSWORD2# --authmech1 PLAIN --authmech2 PLAIN \
--subscribe --user1 #USER# --user2 #USER# \
--delete2 --expunge --expunge2

Cheers.

--
Guillaume Postaire - KARAVEL - Responsable infrastructure
gpostaire at karavel.com -