Turn on/off IMAP/POP access?

Jorey Bump list at joreybump.com
Sun Oct 7 21:24:27 EDT 2007

Ken Murchison wrote, at 10/07/2007 07:51 PM:
> Jorey Bump wrote:

>> Delete ACLs:
>>   localhost> dam user.bob bob read
>>
>> Now bob can't read his INBOX, and will get a message like the
>> following when he tries (this is from Thunderbird):
>
> This won't work since Cyrus implicitly gives user's at least 'lca'
> rights on their own mailboxes, regardless of the explicitly granted ACL.

Interesting. I tested this only with Thunderbird, and it seemed to be
effective enough (I didn't test delivery, however). Is the average user
able to restore the necessary ACLs, or does it require special knowledge
or client features?

Also, what is the 'c' ACL? It's not listed on the man page (for my version).