LARGE single-system Cyrus installs?

Vincent Fox vbfox at ucdavis.edu
Thu Oct 4 18:33:58 EDT 2007

Xue, Jack C wrote:
> At Marshall University, We have 30K users (200M quota) on Cyrus. We use
> a Murder Aggregation Setup which consists of 2 frontend node, 2 backend
> nodes
Interesting, but this is approximately 15K users per backend.  Which is
where we are now after 30K users per backend were crushed.  I am much
more interested in exploring whether Cyrus hits some tipping point where
a single backend cannot handle more than X users.

That is our hypothesis right now, that the application has certain limits
and if you go beyond a certain number of very active users on a
single backend bad things happen.