LARGE single-system Cyrus installs?

Rafael Mahecha mahecha at jsums.edu
Thu Oct 4 14:43:34 EDT 2007

We run a single dell 2850 (2-dual @ 2.8GHz, 8gb ram and 900gb internal).
have about 29k users... but our message transfer load is much smaller than
what you describe... may be in the order of 10k.... the systems is at 80+ idle
most of the time.

We will have this setup for about 1 yr now... no
major problems.
Rafael Mahecha
E-mail
Administrator
Office of Information Management
Jackson State
University

JSU e-Center
1230 Raymond Road
Jackson, MS
39204

mahecha at jsums.edu
(601)-979-1783
http://www.jsums.edu

On Thu, October 4, 2007 1:04 pm, Vincent
Fox wrote:

> Wondering if anyone out there is running a
LARGE Cyrus
> user-base on a single or a couple of systems?
>
> Let me define large:
>
> 25K-30K (or more)
users per system
> High email activity, say 2+ million emails a day

> We have talked to UCSB, which is running 30K users on a
single
> Sun V490 system. However they seem to have fairly low
activity
> levels with emails in the hundred-thousands range not
millions.

> So far that's the only other place we've
talked to. Everyone else
> seems to spread out 5K users on a large
number of backends.

> We have 60K users, and were trying
to run them spread across
> 2 systems and ran into problems when Fall
quarter started and
> the load just skyrocketed. Email volume today
3.6 million.

http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/
http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/twiki