Cyrus quota -f not working as expected

George Cooke geocoo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 17:16:47 EDT 2007

FreeBSD 5.2.1
cyrus-imapd-2.2.12
postfix-2.1.5_1,1

I used ipurge to clear out a mailbox after a backup but running 'quota -f'
as the cyrus user does not output a different quota, it is still 2gb used
and hence over quota for that mailbox/quota root, when manually checking the
mailbox on disk it uses about 40kb of space.

Can anyone enlighten as to how to get quota or quota subsystem to update
properly? I had this problem before but after a reconstruct irf it worked
but not this time. I would also love to read documentation on how quota or
the quota system actually works.