Can't delete cyrus mailbox?

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 12:24:56 EST 2007

I imagine you know cyrus advise against admin account having mailbox !
Is "cyrus" and admin account in imapd.conf ?

Maybe you could try to create a second admin account in imapd.conf,
give him a password
and use this account to remove the "cyrus" mailbox.

OR

dump the mailboes list using ctl_mboxlist, remove any reference to cyrus milbox
and then restore the modified configuration. Finally remove the
remaining directory manually

Regards

On Nov 28, 2007 4:12 PM, Leon Kolchinsky <leonk at construct.haifa.ac.il> wrote:
> > > Hello All,
> > >
> > > I've moved my old mail server to a new hardware and everything is
> > working
> > > fine. Although I found some redundant mail accounts and deleted some of
> > > them.
> > >
> > > The problem is that I'm not able to delete cyrus mailbox this way:
> > >
> > > # cyradm --user cyrus --server localhost --auth plain
> > > Password:
> > > IMAP Password:
> > >
> > > localhost> lam user/cyrus
> > > cyrus lrswipcda
> > >
> > > localhost> lm user/cyrus
> > > user/cyrus (\HasNoChildren)
> > >
> > > localhost> dm user/cyrus
> > > deletemailbox: Operation is not supported on mailbox
> > >

> > > Any help please?
> > ----
> > check the unix permissions on the folder/files
> >
> > Craig
> >

> Hi,
>
> No problem with permissions:
>
> drwx------  2 cyrus mail    200 Nov 28 08:40 cyrus
>
> # ls -l /var/spool/imap/user/cyrus
> total 36
> -rw------- 1 cyrus mail 8466 Jan 24  2006 1.
> -rw------- 1 cyrus mail 1312 Nov 28 08:04 cyrus.cache
> -rw------- 1 cyrus mail  161 Nov 28 08:40 cyrus.header
> -rw------- 1 cyrus mail  136 Nov 28 08:04 cyrus.index
> -rw------- 1 cyrus mail 8464 Nov 28 03:00 cyrus.squat
>

> # cyradm --user cyrus --server localhost --auth plain
> Password:
> IMAP Password:
>
> localhost> lam user/cyrus
> cyrus lrswipcda
>
> localhost> dm user/cyrus
> deletemailbox: Operation is not supported on mailbox
>

> Any help please?
>
> ----

Alain Spineux
aspineux gmail com