Cyrus and Postfix on separate machines -- how?

Jeff Larsen jlar310 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 23:54:52 EST 2007

> What's confusing me here is that I'm not sure how to configure Postfix
> so it can deliver a message over my LAN to a separate Cyrus server,
> instead of delivering it over a Unix-domain socket to Cyrus running on
> the same box.
>
> Any suggestions?

Trivial postfix on the cyrus box which accepts mail relayed from the
original postfix. More of a postfix configuration problem than cyrus.

Or lmtp over tcp. Try "man lmtp" for the postfix side. I can't imagine
the cyrus side is much more complicated.

If you're looking for a step-by-step, you'll have to wait for a true
guru to respond, but it looks like a little quality time with the
Google and the documentation should take you far.