LARGE single-system Cyrus installs?

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Tue Nov 20 02:21:23 EST 2007

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 22:51:43 -0800, "Vincent Fox" <vbfox at ucdavis.edu> said:
> Bron Gondwana wrote:
> > Lucky we run reiserfs then, I guess...
> >

> I suppose this is inappropriate topic-drift, but I wouldn't be
> too sanguine about Reiser.  Considering the driving force behind
> it is in a murder trial last I heard, I sure hope the good bits of that
> filesystem get turned over to someone who gives it a future.

There are a bunch of people who know a fair bit about it and have been
happy to help debug issues, including quite recently.  Besides, it's
pretty stable now and isn't bitrotting too badly.

That said, we're hanging out for btrfs to be stable - It would be nice,
and it's sort of inherited a bit from zfs and a bit from reiserfs in its
ways of doing things.

Bron ( running local Maildirs on it right now, synced with offlineimap to
       FM.  I wouldn't dream of running it production yet - it dies horribly
       if you ever fill it more than about 70% )
--
  Bron Gondwana
  brong at fastmail.fm