One more attempt: stuck processes

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Mon Nov 19 13:33:49 EST 2007

-- Ken Murchison <murch at andrew.cmu.edu> is rumored to have mumbled on 19.
November 2007 13:17:07 -0500 regarding Re: One more attempt: stuck
processes:

> The only other potential downside
>> the patch has is that stracing or gdb'ing it causes the timeout to
>> trigger prematurely. AFAIK that's a common issue for signals. I'm not
>> sure if there's something that could be done about that, i.e. catching
>> ERESTART or something like that?
>
> Is this only a problem with pop3s, or does it also effect the STLS
> command?

Yes, it does:

telnet cyrus 110
stls
+OK Begin TLS negotiation now
-ERR [SYS/PERM] Starttls failed

That's when I straced the process ...
--
Sebastian Hagedorn - Postmaster - RZKR-R1 (Flachbau), Zimmer 18
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK