Collaboration replacement via Toltec/Bynari (was How many people to admin a Cyrus system?)

Joon Radley joon at radleys.co.za
Thu Nov 15 15:10:31 EST 2007

Hi Olaf,

> Thats an interesting information. I have always thought that in
> Exchange-Outlook world the processing was on the server side and the
> messages were sitting on the server.
> Or the client side processing is limited to Toltec/Bynari solution?

With Exchange-Outlook the Outlook message store receives on the server. When new mail is delivered to the exchange server it does the special processing before injecting it into the mail store. With the IMAP4 server and SMTP of your choice, the mail must be downloaded to be processes before it can be stored in the Outlook message store.

Best Regards

Joon Radley
Radley Network Technologies CC
Cell: +27 (0)83 368 8557