Calendars && Cyrus

Lars Schimmer l.schimmer at cgv.tugraz.at
Thu Nov 15 03:10:12 EST 2007

Nikola Milutinovic <alokin1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > We use OpenGroupware - http://www.opengroupware.org
> >
> > Server is entirely Open Source;  Outlook plugin (MAPI provider) is
> > commercial.
> >
> > Works very well with Cyrus; which is its intended IMAP server.
>

> Speaking of calendars,... What about Mozilla Sunbird/Lightning?
>
> They can speak to WebDAV enabled ICS calendar format. With a special
extension, Google Calendar Provider (freely available from addons.mozilla.org),
they can talk to Google Calendar.

> Has anyone seen a calendar server that will work with Cyrus and Sunbird?
>
> Sunbird is really great and Lightning makes me NOT want to ever touch Outlook.

We use the OpenGroupware.org server at our site with CalDAV and
Thunderbird/Lightning or sunbird.
It works for most parts, some are needed to be bugfixed.
Outlook plugin works well, to.

> Nix.

Cya
Lars