Timed Actions in Sieve

Ian G Batten ian.batten at uk.fujitsu.com
Tue Nov 13 06:24:48 EST 2007

We've been having a chat about how useful it would be to have timed
actions in sieve: so that a vacation message could be set up for a
duration which would automatically revert, so that a forwarding could
be set up for the duration of a short-term project, etc, etc.  The
naive way is to add support to the sieve interface of choice (the
squirrelmail plugin in our case) to handle deferred actions, but I
can think of all sorts of security problems with that.  Another would
be a means to auto-generate regexps to match on Date: headers, but
that's really tacky.  The full solution would be to have the current
time available in sieve scripts, to then match on.  Has anyone else
thought about this area?

ian