LARGE single-system Cyrus installs?

John Madden jmadden at ivytech.edu
Fri Nov 9 13:28:05 EST 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-09 at 19:10 +0100, Jure Pečar wrote:
> I'm still on linux and was thinking a lot about trying out solaris 10,
> but
> stories like yours will make me think again about that ...

Agreed -- with the things I see from the Solaris (and zfs) and Sparc
hardware in general, my money's still on Linux/LVM/Reiser/ext3.

250,000 mailboxes, 1,000 concurrent users, 60 million emails, 500k
deliveries/day.  For us, backups are the worst thing, followed by
reiserfs's use of BLK, followed by the need to use a ton of disks to
keep up with the i/o.

John

--
John Madden