Cyrus IMAPd 2.3.10 Released

Gabor Gombas gombasg at sztaki.hu
Thu Nov 8 11:55:09 EST 2007

On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 06:39:45AM -0500, Ken Murchison wrote:

> That's friggin' great!  We can't exactly force people to have a
> particular version of glibc just to run Cyrus 2.3.10.  Either we need to
> come up with something that will run on all systems, or I'll be inclined
> to remove the getgrouplist() code.

A quick search shows that at least Redhat, Mandrake and Gentoo issued
security updates for this bug in Nov 2003; I'm pretty sure all other
distros did the same. I do not think it is worth worrying about people
who have not installed a security update for 4 years...

IMHO if you want to avoid libc functions that had some bug on one system
or other in the past then you will likely have to re-implement most of
the C library...

Gabor