Replication: sync_client -r dies

Rich Wales richw at richw.org
Sun Nov 4 22:57:46 EST 2007

Wesley Craig wrote:

> If you're running with -r -l . . . , you should be getting messages
> like:    APPEND user.marie    in syslog at level INFO.  If you're
> not seeing those, then you have syslog configured to filter them.

Thanks.  It looks like that's what was happening.  I modified my
syslog.conf and kicked syslogd, and now I'm seeing those entries in
/var/log/messages.

I'll let the list know if I experience any more sync_client crashes.

Should I be looking for similar syslog messages on my replica server
too (and checking syslog.conf on that system if necessary)?

--
Rich Wales      ===      Palo Alto, CA, USA      ===     richw at richw.org
http://www.richw.org   ===   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Richwales