Replication: sync_client -r dies

Rich Wales richw at richw.org
Sun Nov 4 13:11:40 EST 2007

Wesley Craig wrote:

> Both sync_client and sync_server typically log problems.  Those
> logs are probably immediately helpful.  Further information would
> depend on the reason for the bail out.

Where would I find this log info?  As I said earlier, the only info I've
found so far are the "Error in do_sync(): bailing out!" notices in the
/var/log/messages file.  Are there some other log files saved somewhere
else?  I do have "-l" and "-v" specified for the sync_client command.
Should I add any additional options in order to get debugging info?

--
Rich Wales      ===      Palo Alto, CA, USA      ===     richw at richw.org
http://www.richw.org   ===   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Richwales