Deleting top-level mailbox with 'delete_mode: delayed'

Brian Wong bwlist at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 13:15:37 EDT 2007

On Nov 2, 2007 12:39 PM, Rudy Gevaert <Rudy.Gevaert at ugent.be> wrote:

> Brian Wong wrote:
> > I was testing out Cyrus 2.3.10 and realized that when I set the option
> >
> > delete_mode: delayed
> >
> > I can not delete top-level mailboxes.
> >
> > localhost.localdomain> lm
> > localhost.localdomain> cm user.bwong
> > localhost.localdomain> sam user.bwong <admin_account> c
> > localhost.localdomain> dm user.bwong
> > deletemailbox: Operation is not supported on mailbox
> > localhost.localdomain> lm
> > user.bwong (\HasNoChildren)
> >
> > Disabling the delayed delete gives expected results. The mailbox is
> > deleted as normal. Anyone else confirm this?
>
> I'm just back from holiday (and only catching up on mail).  I always set
> the 'x' permission.  Could you try that?  If that doesn't work, I'll try
> to delete a top level mailbox on Monday (I'm running 2.3.10 in test).
>
> Rudy

localhost.localdomain> lam user.bwong
bwong lrswipkxtecda
admin kxc
localhost.localdomain> dm user.bwong
deletemailbox: Operation is not supported on mailbox

I think if I did not have the right to delete the mailbox, I would get
a "Permission Denied" instead of the error I am receiving. Let me know
what you find when you try it. I feel that if this is really a bug it
would have been caught before release, but then again I can't think of
anything atypical with my setup that would cause this problem.