problem with admin-user

Philippe Trolliet p.trolliet at novatec-gmbh.de
Thu May 31 04:47:52 EDT 2007

hi,
i installed a fresh FC6 system. my authentication is as follows: imapd ->
saslauthd -> pam -> mysql. i have a problem with the admin user. when i try
to login over imtest or cyradm, those tools always append the domainname. on
my former FC4 installation it wasn´t like that in case for the admin-user
cyrus. there i had one user cyrus in my mysql database and i could log in as
admin-user cyrus and the domainname hasn´t been appended automatically.
now i need to have a real user cyrus at domain.com in my database. what
happened here?
i havn´t changed anything in the configuration of cyrus-imapd. my config
files look as follows:

/etc/imapd.conf:
postmaster: postmaster
configdirectory: /var/lib/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
admins: cyrus
sievedir: /var/lib/imap/sieve
sieve_maxscriptsize: 320
sieve_maxscripts: 5
unixhierarchysep: yes
altnamespace: yes
sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
hashimapspool: true
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
sasl_mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN
tls_cert_file: /etc/pki/cyrus-imapd/cyrus-imapd.pem
tls_key_file: /etc/pki/cyrus-imapd/cyrus-imapd.pem
tls_ca_file: /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt
allowanonymouslogin: no
allowplaintext: yes
allowplainwithouttls: yes
autocreatequota: 40000
reject8bit: no
quotawarn: 90
timeout: 30
poptimeout: 10
dracinterval: 0
drachost: localhost
servername: mail.domain.com
virtdomains: yes
lmtp_over_quota_perm_failure: 1

/etc/imapd-local.conf:
is the same as above.

by the way, what is the difference between imapd.conf and imapd-local.conf?
why is the domainname automatically appended to the admin-user cyrus now?

regards
philippe