forensic question

Tim Cline tcline at email.unc.edu
Tue May 29 20:12:03 EDT 2007

Greetings,

I'm working on a case that involves an examination of an individual's
inbox. I have a tarred and zipped file of the inbox, which I'm able to
uncompress. But I would then like to read the mail in its native format
(by using an email client, and pointing the client to the uncompressed
files as local mail). Is this possible, given that we run a Cyrus imap
server? Here are some details about the server:

Type: IMAP4rev1
Greeting: * OK mailserv0 Cyrus IMAP4 v1.6.13 server ready
Capability: IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ NAMESPACE UIDPLUS
X-NON-HIERARCHICAL-RENAME NO_ATOMIC_RENAME AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=KERBEROS_V4
UNSELECT

Regards,
Tim Cline