Superior hiearchical mailbox creation, after the fact

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Mon May 28 21:37:24 EDT 2007

I've created INBOX.a.b, INBOX.a.c, and others.  To my suprise, there is no
INBOX.a folder.  This was discussed previously on this list (2/28/06, similar
to this messages subject), and is Cyrus's expected behavior.

I've now decided I want a folder INBOX.a, that is something I can move
messages into.

Is it safe to create such a folder, or will it cause problems, for example
wiping out the current folders under INBOX.a?