Connection throttling POP3.

Philip H. O'Neill poneill at oneillsystems.com
Tue May 22 10:34:57 EDT 2007

We do the same but there is an issues.

One File::Tail delays polling the log for up to 30 seconds unless you
tell it otherwise. So it will allow a number of attempts before reading
the log. If you increase the polling you add load to the system. Not
much but some.

We like the idea of adding the timer to iptables along with logging so
the address can be tracked. If the address comes back then it can be
added to a permanent block.

Phil