Cyrus 'cluster' general upgrade strategy?

Nik Conwell nik at bu.edu
Tue May 15 14:24:25 EDT 2007

For those with medium to large scale murders or other glued together
clusters of cyrus servers, what's the general strategy for upgrading?

Do you take downtime for the entire cluster and upgrade, or do you
roll through upgrades of the parts?

The latter would be prudent, except that I discovered you can't
replicate 2.3.7 to 2.3.8 (CREATE has an extra argument at 2.3.8) so
it wouldn't surprise me if it generally isn't considered a good idea
to mix versions like this in a murder.

-nik
Nik Conwell           Information Technology             Boston
University
nik at bu.edu