Recomendations for a 15000 Cyrus Mailboxes

Nik Conwell nik at bu.edu
Thu May 10 08:30:11 EDT 2007

On Apr 11, 2007, at 8:37 PM, Bron Gondwana wrote:

> As for complexity?  It's on the cusp.  We've certainly had many more
> users on a single instance before, but we prefer to keep under 10k
> users
> per Cyrus instance these days for quicker recoverability.  It really

Hi - just a clarification question - when you say 10k users per Cyrus
instance and you mentioned in an earlier message each machine hosts
"multiple (in the teens) of this size stores," does this include the
replicas?  So for example, one of your xSeries boxes might host 16
instances, 8 master, 8 replica, so the box would master about 80k
users and provide replica backups for another 80K users?

Thanks for the info.  I'm looking for sizing hints as we plan to move
our 40,000+ UW IMAP users (spread over 7 xSeries 346/3650 and 6
RS6000) to Cyrus.

-nik