cyrus postfix

Jim McIver jmciver at lmtribune.com
Tue May 8 19:26:16 EDT 2007

I'm a newbie trying to install Postfix / Cyrus on SLES 10

Followed along instructions and create a user named cyrus and set the
passwd.

I can su - cyrus
but when I "cyradm localhost" it ask's for a password (which I
haven't given any that I know of) and then errors.

Login failed: authentication failure at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i586-linux-thread-
multi/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm line 118
cyradm: cannot authenticate to server with  as cyrus

If I just type cyrus it logs in but lm yeilds "listmailbox: no
connection to server"

Message in /var/log/messages is:
mailtest imap[13387]: badlogin: localhost [127.0.0.1] plaintext cyrus
SASL(-13): aut
hentication failure: checkpass failed

I've tried the password for cyrus...no luck.

How is this suppose to work?

-Jim McIver