Cyrus with a NFS storage. random DBERROR

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed May 2 11:19:22 EDT 2007

Hi,

Cyrus has 2 problems with NFS.

1. Cyrus depends on filesystem locking. NFS-4 should have solved this problem
but i have not tested it.

2. BerkleyDB uses shared Memory which does not work accros multiple servers.

You can try to convert all your databases to skipplist and run with
NFS-4 and proper filesystemlocking.

But as far as i know only skiplist and GFS is tested in a setup like yours.
Have a look at the threads on Cyrus and Cluster Filesystem and Cyrus HA.

Some time ago i wrote a summery of the infos in these threads, and
wanted to add it to the Wiki, but had no sucsess so far.

Regards

    Michael